• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lyrecryer

Back by Unpopular Demand!
85 Badges
Feb 27, 2010
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
This is the Link to the Mod that I am Playing.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?499885-Victoria-Fantasia

I am also using these mods they are very good as it actually makes my computer run faster with this mod :):
(this mod removes the terrain under the provinces)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...peed%B4s-Untransparent-Map-Mod-for-Victoria-2
(This makes the Overlay not so, map-like and more clean)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?497451-Clear-Map-Overlay
(This just for the text really. It makes the text on the maps solid rather then stripy.)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?497714-CaptRobau-s-Mini-Mods

1536 Anno Domni, 16th January.

The Roman Empire is living through troubled times. While the Empire is powerful and great, it is rickety with rebels in the south and increasing stronger and belligerent neighbours. Any and all attempts to expand eastwards was met with fierce resistance and such, The Empire was not able to use it power. The north was under The Romans sphere yet slipped away along side with it's power.

“What does this mean? Is the Roman Empire going to fall after so long?” Julius Maximilian asked,”How did they get to this problem? What caused them to weaken during war? What made them so powerful during peacetime?”

“Because what the Emperor have done. He tried everything in his power, yet was unable to get enough men to fight for him. Ironically his most loyal forces is also the most rebellious.” His mentor,Brutus Sagittarius replied, before taking a sip from his Romavine, the finest wine that you can buy in the whole Empire. (despite being imported from Judea) “It was that the doctrine for our armies is outdated. Gunpowder is begging to be used yet Roma was afraid or not willing to use it.”

“But why? Why are they so scared that they are willing to throw our men lives away and watch us-”
“SILENCE! We must NEVER speak or THINK of such things!” Brutus roared with fear. He leaned to whisper in Julius ear
“We cannot speak of this in public. I understand your reasoning but we are not Roman, we are South Italians. Do you want to be dragged away and beaten? They are cracking down on us HARD. Do you understand?”
Brutus took a step back,Julius staring at him. Defeatism taking it's toll on Julius, filling him with such pure rage. Why? Why can't we be free? Why can't we just accept that we are just as human as they are?

“DO.YOU.UNDERSTAND?” Brutus was tired of Julius not accepting the cold facts.
“Yes. I understand. Can I leave to eat sir? I feel that it shall be dark soon and the stars will be in husbandry tonight.”

“Don't quote Shakespeare to me. It's hard enough to stay alive these days and if they-” Brutus was interrupted by the door.
Mm He left. At least it will be quiet soon. As for me... I think I should continue with my history book. He limped to his desk cursing his wounds that was inflicted on him 2 weeks before.
Hope they didn't break anything, the doctor said that it was nothing more than a few bruises feh. He was Roman. Not one of my people. I should ask my friend in the next morrow.

Brutus opens the book and starts to write,

1503 Anno Domni July 20th. The Roman Empire Invaded Sicily through Southern Italy
PrologeInvasionofScity.png

They had a major struggle against their foes but Sicily was too weak to stop The Roman Empire. As if. They kidnapped the leader and forced him to surrender everything he ever owned. Even his children. Ah Julius, you were only a babe at the time. I almost forgotten your real name. Brutus sighed, revelling his time when he was young and free. He knows that his name isn't Brutus Sagittarius but he had to change it in order to keep his service with the Empire.

Julius was forced to live with a Roman family at birth. The name was interesting as it seemed like an insult at first, Maximilian? Doesn't help that his adopters were rich. They called him the future governor of the Southern region of Italy. If only I can teach him stuff that REALLY matters, like how to be fair to your people or even better. How to be free.

This is the Empire new borders as true as Helios and Luna cross the sky over our heads
PrologeAftertheIvasion.png

1526 Anno Domni October 12th The Emperor wished to expand to the east to reach the Greek islands.
PrologeInvasionofEast.png

However the Empire was too weak to succeed as our Armies wasn't strong enough to gain a foothold in Albania. After a year of conflict our Emperor was forced to call a truce as such, The Roman Empire was losing power as less men was willing to die for our Empire and even less was the will to fight at all.

So at 1533 January 20th The Empire was forced to disband all their troops. To focus internally, he ordered a full scale construction of navy-bases across the Empire to expand their range to conquer and also to let our ships rest.
V2_MAP_PAP_154011_1.jpg

It have been 7 years past and now, the Roman Empire is about to conquer again.
v2game2010-11-1214-55-00-20.png

Last edited:
Thank you for using 2 of my mods!
This will be quite interresting, i havent seen an AAR for this mod you are playing before.

Keep updating :)

I will update on monday/tuesday as I need to get some essays done.

The Roman empire is in this. you also got Judea and the Eastern Roman Empire and many other nations that is kinda cool. Everyone starts with one province and you have to expand by colonising. You need to carefully expand and yet not be too large that you can't support yourself. you should focus on your clergymen and expand as fast as you can.

Ok I should say this: This is a mod of a mod. (My mod to be precise.) and I'm testing stuff on a new save game. The save game is a clone of the current save game and I will say that it will be interesting to see the next 5 years as I will be expanding and maybe invading Africa MAYBE.

I will be playing this AAR in 5 year segments. You will also get a World Map at the end of EACH UPDATE!

The Next update will include Julius Maximilian become The Order Servant to the Great Emperor Tiberius Trembly (He prefer being called Emperor of Roma). You will see a Massive undertaken as the Roman Empire prepares for the great Colonizing war that is to come. See Finland, Engorged on power and land grow ever more hungry and wreak havoc upon the Russian lands! Weep as the Romans become more barbaric to keep those immigrant scum from feasting the mother's milk of labour.

or just see tons of pictures of the nice map. Either way, it's still epic.

Last edited: